brief discussion with Mick Gerace, Australia's leading Elvis tribute
Source: EIN, 27 July 2004)
The planned TCB Band concert in Sydney has unfortunately been
postponed, EIN talked to the organiser & front man Mick Gerace.
- Everyone who has heard the news about the postponement of
your Sydney concert with the TCB Band is disappointed, can
you tell us more?
- It's very unfortunate but we suddenly had an unavoidable
problem come up with the timing that we regrettably couldn't
work around, so we are working hard to set up a new date in
- How has the show been selling?
- It's been selling really well, which makes it even more disappointing.
We have already sold over half the tickets with fans coming from
all around Australia and from New Zealand too. The State Theatre
is such a fabulous venue and of course August is a special month
for all Elvis fans. Not only that but we also wanted to help Australia
in the celebration of the fiftieth Anniversary of Elvis' first recording
and the birth of rock 'n' roll! We were very excited, as were the
TCB Band, so it's really sad.
- When can we know the new date?
- Of course we have spent the money on promotion already so we are
very keen to make sure the November concert works out and we have
a few exciting new ideas for the concert in the pipeline too. We
should be able to confirm the new date within the next 2 weeks.
Unfortunately this time it couldn't be helped but I'll confirm the
new date with you as soon as I can.
- Mick, now that the August show has been postponed is there a chance
of other shows being added to the tour?
- We are certainly looking at the possibility of additional shows.
However it will depend on the availability of the TCB Band and Myrna
Smith. Finding time within their busy schedules is always a difficult
- What else are you working on at the moment?
- An exciting project is the possibility of releasing a recorded
concert from the TCB Band/Myrna Smith tour last year. We're looking
into all the logistical issues, and hopefully we can resolve these
so a CD can be released.
- So this would only be a CD release, there wouldn't also be a DVD
- At this stage it would be a CD release and only if and when we
can sort out all the logistical issues. While we have video footage
from the shows the DVD medium is a very expensive one and it probably
wouldn't be cost-effective for us to put out a DVD. But you never
will bring you news of the rescheduled Mick Gerace, TCB Band & Myrna
Smith concert as soon as the new date(s) is known.