A double CD of soundboard recordings from Elvis' August 1974 Las Vegas season. The first CD will include Elvis' astounding Opening Night concert where he carried out a major overhaul of his standard set list and included some very rare songs.
However as he was disappointed with the audience response Elvis returned to a more regular set the following night. However during the season there were plenty of rare alternate performances and with Elvis on good vocal form. It was a totally fascinating season, with Elvis on an extraordinary emotional roller-coaster ride. To be released in October
The second CD contains the complete Midnight Show from August 21. At this stage Elvis has returned to a regular set-up. Several songs from this show were made available on the 'Live In Las Vegas' BMG box-set in 2001.
It comes in a 5" double digi-pack like the FTD 'New Years Eve'.
TRACKLIST - Las Vegas, Aug. 19 1974 O.S.
1. Big Boss Man
2. Proud Mary
3. Down In The Alley
4. Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
5. Never Been To Spain
6. It's Midnight
7. If You Talk In Your Sleep
8. I'm Leavin'
9. Let Me Be There
10. Softly As I Leave You
11. If You Love Me
12. Love Me Tender
13. Polk Salad Annie
15. Promised Land [Live In Las Vegas]
16. My Baby Left Me [Live In Las Vegas]
17. Bridge Over Troubled Water
19. Hound Dog
20. Can't Help Falling In Love (incomplete)
Las Vegas, Aug. 21 1974 Midnight Show
1. See See Rider
2. I Got A Woman/Amen
3. Love Me
4. If You Love Me
5. It's Midnight [Live In Las Vegas]
6. Big Boss Man
8. Love Me Tender
9. All Shook Up
11. I'm Leavin' [Live In Las Vegas]
12. Softly As I Leave You [Live In Las Vegas]
13. Hound Dog
14. You Gave Me A Mountain
15. Polk Salad Annie
17. If You Talk In Your Sleep [Live In Las Vegas]
18. Why Me Lord [Live In Las Vegas]
19. Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
20. Hawaiian Wedding Song [Live In Las Vegas]
21. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (incomplete)
22. Let Me Be There
23. Can't Help Falling In Love
24. Closing Vamp
Compilation produced and art directed by Ernst Mikael Jørgensen & Roger Semon
Mastered by Lene Reidel
Thanks to Claude Braün and Lars Gjeding
Guitars: James Burton, John Wilkinson; Guitar and Vocals: Charlie Hodge; Bass: Duke Bardwell; Drums: Ronnie Tutt; Piano: Glen D. Hardin; Vocals: The Sweet Inspirations, J. D. Sumner & The Stamps, Kathy Westmoreland, Voice.
Joe Guercio and his Orchestra.
Recorded live at The Las Vegas Hilton
For more Elvis 1974 . . .