Amongst the CD highlights are fine renditions of "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)", "Love Letters", "Hurt" (with a powerful reprise ending), a very funny "Happy Birthday" sung to Jackie Kahane's daughter, a dynamite "Mystery Train / Tiger Man", an unusual "Blue Christmas" that's coupled with an instrumental version of "Jingle Bells" (!), a truly stunning version of "How Great Thou Art", a pounding version of "Big Boss Man" and a rare 1978 interview with Jackie Kahane.
"Across The Country Vol. 1" is set for July 2005 release.
Hartford, Connecticut, 28.07.1976 (8:30 P.M.) (Approx. running time: 47:33)
01. Also Sprach Zarathustra
02. C. C. Rider
03. I Got A Woman / Amen (medley)
04. Love Me
05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
06. You Gave Me A Mountain
07. Band Introductions
08. Early Mornin' Rain
09. Chickin'Pickin' / What'd I Say (medley)
10. Johnny B. Goode
11. Drums Solo (by Ronnie Tutt)
12. Bass Solo #1 (Blues - by Jerry Scheff)
13. Bass Solo #2 (Battle Of New Orleans - by Jerry Scheff)
14. Piano Solo (by Tony Brown)
15. Electric Piano Solo (by David Briggs)
16. Love Letters
17. School Day (Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll)
18. Happy Birthday (to "Kitten" Kahane, daughter of comedian Jackie Kahane)
19. Hurt (with last part reprise)
20. Hound Dog
21. Can't Help Falling In Love
22. Closing Vamp / Announcements
23. Jackie Kahane speaks out in Jim Neighbors TV show, 1978 (03:00)
Pine Bluff, Arkansas, 08.09.1976 (8:30 P.M.) (Approx. running time: 06:15)
24. My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me (sung by Kathy Westmoreland)
25. Mystery Train / Tiger Man (medley)
Jackson, Mississippi, 05.09.1976 (8:30 P.M.); (Approx. running time: 07:17)
26. Blue Christmas (Elvis on acoustic guitar)
27. Jingle Bells (instrumental, by the band)
28. How Great Thou Art
30. Can't Help Falling In Love (incomplete)
Highlights from Dayton, Ohio, 06.10.1974 (8:30 P.M.) - (Approx. running time: 14:07)
31. Big Boss Man
32. The Wonder Of You
33. Lawdy Miss Clawdy
34. That's All Right, Mama (with false start, Elvis on acoustic guitar)
35. Hawaiian Wedding Song (with last part reprise)
36. Johnny B. Goode
Total CD running time: 77:53.
"Elvis Presley is the supreme socio-cultural icon in the history of pop culture"
(Dr. Garry Enders)
" Elvis is the 'glue' which holds our society together....which subconciously gives our world meaning"
"Eventually everybody has to die, except Elvis"
(humorist Dave Barry)
"He is the "Big Bang", and the universe he detonated is still expanding, the pieces are still flying"
(Greil Marcus, "Dead Elvis")
"I think Elvis Presley will never be solved"